Wednesday 31 January 2018

Enabling Log in Oracle BI Publisher

Unlike OBIEE, there is no straightforward way in Oracle BI Publisher to view the log and the SQL generated for a report. However, there is a workaround to achieve the same, and in this post, I am going demonstrate that.

1. Open a text file and paste the code as below


LogLevel=STATEMENT
LogDir=D:\Tilak_Work\OBI11G\BIP_Debug

I have set the LogDir path according to my system, this needs to customized based on the environment.

For information, there are 7 levels of log information in BIP.
  • UNEXPECTED
  • ERROR
  • EXCEPTION
  • EVENT
  • PROCEDURE
  • STATEMENT
  • OFF


2. Save this file as xdodebug.cfg and place at <OBIEE Home>\Oracle_BI1\jdk\jre\lib



3. Restart the services. and now when I run some BIP reports and go to the log directory ('D:\Tilak_Work\OBI11G\BIP_Debug' in my case), I see multiple log files are generated. 




4. Among these files, if I check xdo.log file I can find the backend SQL for the BIP reports.


1 comment:

  1. I feel there is a need to provide some more information about REST API and Power BI.These are actu two very most useful tools to look ahead.

    Tableau Rest API Connection

    ReplyDelete

Implementing & Testing Row Level Security in Power BI

I have suffered a great deal of pain while implementing and more so while validating Row Level Security in Power BI. Let me try to capture a...