Sunday 31 December 2017

Can we open file created in Tableau Desktop in Tableau Public

I am relatively new to Tableau. I have created some TWBX file using tableau, and now I have a question, what happens once my license expires? by any means can I still open/work on those files?

And that brings me to this post.

I am using one of the TWBX files which I have created earlier, and I can open and use it using Tableau Desktop.


However, if I try to open the same file in Tableau Public, it is not allowing me.


Now I select 'Save to Tableau Public' from Server → Tableau Public.


And log into to my Tableau Public profile.


And publish this workbook.


Next I go to my Tableau Public profile and download the uploaded file in TWBX format.


Now I open Tableau Public client, I have 2 options to open the file.

1. Open - I can open the TWBX file I have downloaded.
2. Open from Tableau Public - I can directly open the file from my profile.


The file works fine in Tableau Public client.


However, if I do any change and want to save it, the only option is in Tableau Public.

2 comments:

  1. Nice this blog is very useful thank you for sharing Tableau Online Training Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both Tableau and Power BI combined can provide you with more and more solutions of complex IT questions.

    Tableau Rest Api Connection

    ReplyDelete

Implementing & Testing Row Level Security in Power BI

I have suffered a great deal of pain while implementing and more so while validating Row Level Security in Power BI. Let me try to capture a...