Thursday 28 September 2017

Alternative of Section Condition in Oracle BICS

Few days back , I was exploring Oracle BICS, and I noticed that Sections in BICS has different options than OBIEE

The Bug 25327498 has been raised to fix the issue.

But till the time Oracle add this option in BICS, is there any other alternative for Condition ?

In this blog I have tried to come up with an option for the same.

I have created a simple report and dashboard, for this POC.


Next I have created a simple prompt, with radio button.


This prompt has 2 specific values only 'hidden' and 'visible', with 'hidden' set as default selection. This prompt populates a presentation variable var_display.


I went back to to page and checked the source code, to find out the section id, which is like


I have used this section id in the javascript below :

<script type="text/javascript">
var sectionId = "d:dashboard~p:asgns923547hrc7n~s:ado2gidqeb7edpvr";
var sectionDiv = document.getElementById("Embed"+sectionId);
sectionDiv.setAttribute("@{var_display}", "true");
</script>

This section id portion needs to be changed based on the dashboards and sections. And @{var_display} is for passing the presentation variable from the prompt. Rest of the code will remain the same.

I add a text object in the same section as the existing report and put the code there and enable 'contain HTML markup' check box.


So the page looks like,


And when I run the page


With section as 'visible'.


The best part is this same piece of code can be used in OBIEE also.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Implementing & Testing Row Level Security in Power BI

I have suffered a great deal of pain while implementing and more so while validating Row Level Security in Power BI. Let me try to capture a...